Al'Chaddas: the interview



Al’Chaddas is a Jos young rising star who despite the architectural training he has received, is making a name for himself in the Nigerian music industry. He has successfully moved from one stage to another and is still moving high.

Can we know Al’Chaddas better?
Alfred Al’chaddas Ogbonna is a music composer, recorder and a performer who hails from Abia State. I studied architecture in the University of Jos and having spent the build-up years of mine in Jos, there’s a major northern influence on my music.

How did you come about the name Al’Chaddas?
It’s a fusion of Alfred and Chaddas – a high school nick name.

Why are you into music after studying architecture?
I’ve always had a passion for drawing and beautiful sound. Let’s say the passion for music is greater.

How can you describe your kind of music?
I love to feel I’m special and I have my own genre, but basically it’s Afro hip-hop.
How long have you been in the music industry?
Basically 5 years now

Is Al’Chaddas in a relationship?
Yes. Like every other person, a relationship with my mom, dad, and ex-school mates (laughs).
Girl friend
Really still trying to understand the opposite sex.

Where has your music taken you so far?
Farther than any other thing has taken me virtually half the states in the federation. it has also got me new shoes, clothes, and a new perspective.

How many albums have you dropped so far?
Just 1 mix-tape album Alcyclopedia (2012)

When should we be expecting something new from you?
I’ve dropped a new song on June 19, and I’ll be dropping a new E.P in October.

How do you intend to contribute to the society with your music?
Since I sing about happenings around me, I should be able to make more people happy, curb crime and also make myself happy. Guess I can’t love them enough f I don’t love myself.

Rumor has it that you’re now a Lagos based artist. How true is this?
Yes, I’m now based in Lagos

How do you cope with female fans?
I wish I could love them as much as they love me.

An Interview with The Natifz Times Newspaper Editor "Nenpan Ngwan"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOKE Da BRAND

Spice up your Spouse

The Young Female Carpenter