LOWKYD HITS 5

 
LOWKYD
Emerging top of the official J-Town Top 5 Hit Trending Songs for the Month of July Lowkyd gave an insight into his world. We present the full interview below.

So who is Lowkyd?
Lowkyd is a hip hop /ragga artist and song writer.

Why the name Lowkyd, is it your name at birth?
It came to me from a song I was working on, so I decided to make it my stage name, but my birth name is Isaac Iliya.

Where did you grow up?
I grew up in the Northern part of the Country (Nigeria); I was given birth in Kano State, I spent most of my life in Sokoto State... before I moved to Jos.

Lowkyd

What is your musical background?
Like any other artist would, I was mimicking big artist on stage, before I eventually started recording my own songs in 2006. I Worked with few artist and producer's like J-Moni, Sam, Kamofyl, Klipz, Chadaz, Henchman, Farazi, D3k, Big Joe, Bob Berry, Rradikal Lyon (Ises), Maxta Rasta, Kli3, Steve Sings, Anita, Young, Neoman Piit, Gumbit and lots of other Artist.

What will your listeners get out of your music?
Motivation, inspiration, encouragements, and also quench their thirst when it comes to entertainment.

What is the most difficult thing you had to endure in life?
Disappointments, especially from those I put trust on.

What is the most difficult thing you had to endure in the music industry?
Promo, who to contact, how to go about it, who gat your back, who is real, who is fake, what type of music to produce, will the audience turn up or not when they hear it...lots.

What do you thing of Hip Hop in J-Town?
J has been a birthplace of real Hip Hop music in Nigeria, so I think we're coming up stronger, and better than ever.

You recently topped the first ever official J-Town Top 5 Hits most trending songs for the month of July, 2017 with your song "Dutty Wine", how did it feel to get so much love from a good number of music lovers on the Plateau?
Amazing!!!, it's actually exciting to know a lot of people are listening, which means appreciating good music and want me to do more.

Lowkyd
Musically, what are your biggest influences and who are your favourite musicians?
The street and the people on it influence me. My favorite musicians are Notorious BIG, Jay Z, Nas, 50cent, Crooked I, Busta Rhyme, Bob Marley, Lucky Dude, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Dre, Busy Signal, Movado, Popcan, Demian Marley, Don William, 2face ,2pac Yung Thug. 

What next are we to expect from Lowkyd?
I'm working on a mixtape album...

Five years from now where will Lowkyd be?
Same place where the stars rest at.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOKE Da BRAND

Spice up your Spouse

The Young Female Carpenter