My name is Nandom Wisdom Gumap

An interview with an inspirational Jos based Gospel Reggae artist, Nandom Wisdom Gumap.

Name
My name is Nandom Wisdom Gumap from Mangu Local Government Area of Plateau State.

Music Background
I believe that gospel music is not learned, but comes from inspiration. My music background started way back when I was in secondary school. I joined the choir band in my church and when I was in my senior class I released my first gospel album, and by the grace of God I am about to drop the second album which I have been working on.

 Genre of music
In the gospel music ministry we just want to minister to people through our songs but I think I am more into reggae style.

Style/Genre
I feel I will reach many people through reggae because many, both young and old appreciates reggae and it easily captures people’s attention especially the beats that comes with it.


 Musical instruments you play.
I actually started playing the bass guitar, but deviated to the keyboard which I feel more comfortable playing. I also play the drums a bit, but basically the keyboard and guitar are my majors.

Do you write your songs or you are strictly a vocal artist?
The gospel music that I am into is not like other kinds of music. In this aspect of the music you need inspiration, and the bottom line here is that I write my songs alone when I am inspired by the Holy Spirit to write and by so doing I am fulfilled. So basically I write all my songs.

Target audience
My target audience is the general public, because I have a message to pass.  I don’t select the age group I sing for and that is why I do mostly reggae which is appreciated by both the young and old. I just want to communicate.

Your main source of inspiration
Basically the music gospel ministry is a room through which the gospel of Christ is spread and you cannot carry it out with your human knowledge, but when the spirit of the most high comes upon you, and I am not an exception. It is Jesus Christ who brings my inspiration.

by Nenpan Ngwan and Nandom Bitrus of Natifz Times Newspaper. (an interview in anticipation of his upcoming album in December, 2016)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BROOKE Da BRAND

Spice up your Spouse

The Young Female Carpenter